Anybody Know Anything About The James Locke Company's Chelsea Fedora?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2.frmt1.sfba.home.com on September 26, 1998 at 14:07:51:

All this talk about the Herbert Johnson hat has reminded me of another London based hat company said to have a hat that is the "closest to the Herbert Johnson", called the James Locke Co. The Indy lookalike is supposed to be their Chelsea fedora, with dark brown or burma (a fawn color crossed with gray) being mentioned as the best color choices. Is this true? A couple of the more prominant Indy sites have mentioned this hat as the top alternative to the HJ hat, but I've never heard of anyone who had one. Has anybody owned or otherwise seen a Chelsea fedora? Does it look like the Raiders hat, the Temple hat, or the Last Crusade hat? What are the specs-crown height, brim width, the closest Indy color. etc.

I'm interested in what you have to say because I'm still not sold on the untreated color of the Herbert Johnson. I'd really prefer a hat that looked closer to the sort of muted, grayish brown we see on the screen (instead of the Chocolate looking new hat seen in the beggining of LC), and the other Indy variations listed don't really fit the bill. At this point, the Chelsea may look more like the real thing, while being a high quality alternative to the Herbert Johnson.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]