Wested observation, more confusion to the fray.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-tn013.proxy.aol.com on March 10, 2001 at 01:55:45:

As I said below I got my second Wested the other day, bought it off a guy on e-Bay. The first thing I noticed was that is a full two inches shorted than my first one. While distressing it I realized the pockets have a slight scallop shape to the flaps. With my first one the straps were sewn INTO the handwarmer seam and not cross stitched at all. They were also located at the bottom corner of the pocket. This new one did NOT have the straps sewn into this seam; they were cross stitched to the body, about an inch behind the handwarmer opening. And, half way up the height of the pocket. I say "were" because I've already altered it somewhat, moving the straps to the side seam and placing the rear portion atop the rear panel rather than under. The sleeves are a bit roomier; it's not a struggle to put on like the other one. When I ordered my first one I was aware of the reports of Peter's 'inconsistancy' and 'inaccuracies' so, although I notied all of accuracy mistakes, I paid no attention and accepted it as Peter's version of a 'Raiders' jacket. In light of the new one I have I don't think my first is a 'Raiders' at all. No, I believe it's a ToD. I also think now that Wested's 'Raiders' version is not as inaccurate as we've all been thinking. In fact, it's a damn good copy, if you can manage to get one by "mistake".

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]