Re: Wested observation, more confusion to the fray.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-tk044.proxy.aol.com on March 10, 2001 at 18:21:14:

In Reply to: Re: Wested observation, more confusion to the fray. posted by Calfifonia Smith on March 10, 2001 at 14:20:02:

:
: I have a Wested Raiders. I have had to do some things to make it "right", such as bringing in the waist, shortening the sleeves, but it is a dead ringer for the Raiders jacket in the film. It fits me near exactly the same as it did Ford, whether open or zipped up. It hangs at exactly the right lenght too. I have taken some sandpaper to it, as well as a hard fall on my mountain bike, and between the artificial weathering and natural weathering from the fall, it pretty much like the Raiders jacket, prior to Indy escaping from the Well of Souls.

: So it seems a Wested jacket does depend on the luck of the draw. Wested customer service sucks, their delivery sucks, their attention to detail sucks, their COA is questionable, but when all was said and done I have a pretty darn good jacket.I am hesitant about getting the flight suits, simply because this one is near perfect right now. Do I really need gussets and a silver zipper? Still trying to decide.

: California Smith

A zipper is a very easy thing to replace. And, I've read here that FS gussets are not as functional as they could be.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]