I'm back! And oh, some Indiana Woes...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ulla from 24-107-229-216.oak01.pon.net on March 10, 2001 at 19:52:13:

Well, the Temple of the Forbidden Eye was sure happy to see me, and I, with IT! The lines may have "snaked" around the marquee area, but for a total of five times, it was worth it. It was odd, but on my fourth time, my truck got to see a strange, and rare sight. Well, first of all, at the very beginning of the ride (when Sallah says something like "Hello my friends! Please check the steering wheel making sure it is not stiff!" and "The brakes may get a little rusty!") there is a thing with bunches of windows that swings out (before you get into the Chamber of Destiny). Well, the mirrors never swung out all the five times I went on it. So, I was able to see the wall behind them (the one you can see straight ahead when the 'excavation crew' checks for seat belts). Now it just so happened that this wall was OPEN, and whaddayaknow, it was the place where the jeeps are kept! It didn't look so "special", I guess (not like catching one of the Indy mannequines with his pants accidentally down;-) but it made the ride seem more hand made, as if the seams were sticking out a little.
And OH! The GIFT SHOP! I purchased my very own, handsome, ten-inch vinyl statue of the hero we know and love for $15. { a question: are the joints supposed to move?:-( } I saw the micro machines sets and (TINY!) figures, but for a package of 6 small figures going for $10, I thought it would be better to spend my money on a Dole Pineapple Whip than blowing my dough on items that will disappear with one sneeze. Ugh. Ahead of me, in line, was a very lucky little boy, whose MOTHER purchased several of those toy sets, and who was STILL complaining to his father that they "don't have the other two movies!!" *make a nice, obnoxious whiny shriek here* (In MY day, which wasn't all that long ago from THIS child's, we had to spend our own money on frills, and be GRATEFUL when we did get gifts for our birthday which we didn't have to pay for!>:-(

----CHILDREN these days! ;-)

Anywho, I had all in all a swell time, only to come back to civilization, with lots of homework. (I'd like to throw some of my teachers over the rope bridge, if ya get what I mean...)
Adventurously,
Ulla

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: