Re: Yeah, I've got one...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rabittooth from spider-mtc-tb074.proxy.aol.com on March 11, 2001 at 13:24:22:

In Reply to: Yeah, I've got one... posted by Dakota Ellison on March 11, 2001 at 10:36:33:

: : Has anyone ever seen or bought one of those "cheap" Indy Jackets that was available through the Sportsman's guide? It turns out now that they only have these riddiculously large sizes left, and i can't find out who manufactured them. Just wondering what the scoop was on them for the budget-conscious fan.

: I just checked the on-line catalog and it's now selling for $49.97.
: I'd say that's a great deal as they were originally around $179, then $129, then $79. It has a Cooper "Last Crusade" style, with the snaps on the storm flap and the cinch straps mounted backwards. The leather is a real dark brown sort of smooth cracked suede. It's fiber filled and very warm and has pads in the shoulders and runs large. The XL I bought I had to have the sleeves shortened. I removed the fiber fill too so I could wear it in something warmer than a blizzard. For authenticity it needs help but for $50 you can't really go wrong.
: Reggie, who posts here also has one, or did.
: Cheers,
: Dakota

Thanks Dakota,
I ordered one this morning in a size medium even though I'm probably a Large. The medium size was avilable on the online catalog this morning at Gear guide for $79., but I have a feeling it's a mistake, as I called their customer service and they said they had only 2 and 3 xl available on their system. Who knows? Maybe I'll luck out.
Thanks again, and I'll let ya know how I do.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]