Michaelson - thank you for the kind words, my friend...(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patteson from falcon.goamerica.net on March 11, 2001 at 20:12:47:

In Reply to: Thanks, oh, Obi Wan of the Indy Forum. posted by Curious on March 11, 2001 at 19:03:59:

: : : Is the old cowhide as heavy as the regular cowhide? How does its weight and texture/graining compare to the VIP?

: : :
: : : : : The jacket looks interesting. Does anyone own the old cowhide? I was wondering what your thoughts on it are. It looks different than the cowhide they used to sell, is it? Thanks alot.
: : : : : Ravenwood

: : : : David Hack used a lot of the information that Patterson supplied him when doing the FS research, and you'll find the length is now correct, the side straps correct, as well as the arm seams. It's a completely different and closer to original jacket than the first cowhide. Once again, kudos to Patterson for helping put his "touch" on a final product! Regards. Michaelson

: : From what I understand, it's made from the same material, but is rolled to produce the distressing you see. It's definitely a finer grain than the VIP, but it comes from a different part of the animal, as the VIP is from the belly of the animal, and the cowhide from the back. The VIP is actually physically heavier than the old cow. The oc version is more of a three season jacket, where the VIP is more at home in cooler situations. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]