Re: Fedora has a BLACK ribbon...I'm now convinced!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by WndJameR from 198.23.26.253 on March 13, 2001 at 23:41:16:

In Reply to: Fedora has a BLACK ribbon...I'm now convinced! posted by The Spatsman on March 13, 2001 at 23:20:02:

Actually lighting conditions AND the format in which an item is presented have a LOT to do with the way it appears. Items captured on film, and even moreso on video, appear differently than they do just to the naked eye. Types of lighting also have a major impact. Colors again vary when viewed under incandessant, neon, or good old fashioned sunlight. If I'm not mistaken, MK is in the entertainment business as a makeup artist. He can back up what I'm saying by the different types of makeup he needs to apply for different lightning conditions just to achieve the same look from scene to scene. Even commercial makeup is offered for different lighting conditions, just check out the makeup counter at one of your local department stores. As far as material goes, i'll give you a perfect example: You know those nice burgandy red command tunics they wore on Star Trek, the Next Generation? In reality, they were really a shade of chartruse (a very light red). I found this out from a friend of mine who did the costuming-he designed the Ferengi getup-for the pilot episode of DS9.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]