USW Old Cow color

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zippy from sa-165-227-130-183.cruzio.com on March 14, 2001 at 00:41:24:

In Reply to: USWings color posted by The Jacket Man on March 13, 2001 at 19:46:52:

The "Old Cow" leather is a vintage-looking distressed leather, maybe best described as a dark "cocoa brown" in color (which is considerably lighter than dark brown). The graining varies from fine grain to more substantial grain, but the overall effect is very nice. The pictures on the US Wings website make the distressing look very weird indeed... in real life, the distressing is quite convincing and consistent -- IMO, it really does look "old" up-close, and is a nice looking mellow brown when viewed from afar. It has a 50/50 poly-cotton lining, which is slightly lighter than the color of the leather. One inside pocket. The leather is very soft, so the jacket doesn't squeak, and it's quite a bit lighter in weight compared to the cowhide VIP jacket.

Regards,
Zippy

: Just wondering but what are the colors of the USWings Indy jackets? I know they're brown but what shade and what are the colors of the linings. The pics at USwings probably doesn't do any of the jackets justice so I thought I'd ask the USWing owners themselves of the color that each jacket and their linings possess.

: Thanks
: The Jacket man

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: