Re: The Chelsea

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2.frmt1.sfba.home.com on September 28, 1998 at 18:12:35:

In Reply to: The Chelsea posted by Indy Mangoli on September 26, 1998 at 18:50:11:

: I saw the Chelsea while I was in London not too long ago. I was not impressed with it. It reminded me a great deal of the Worth & Worth Allegro for twice the price. If you want a Herbert Johnson of a lighter brown, I'd suggest the McAlpine, which, in my opinion, is the Temple of Doom fedora. It has a lower crown than the Poet, a lighter brown and a thicker, more durable, felt. After looking at the McAlpine and the Poet, I decided on the McAlpine, which Mr. Swales modified for me to the Indy specs.

: If you like the much lighter brown and don't mind the slightly lower crown and shorter brim (just by a hair), I'll also suggest the Worth & Worth Allegro, which I wore for years.

: Hope this helps,
: Indy

Thanks for the info. I was afraid that the hat would be less than advertised, and you confirmed my fears. Unfortunately, I want a hat in the style of the Raiders fedora, so that leaves the McAlpine and Allegro out of the mix. I guess I'll just have to deal with a slightly off color and buy the Poet, when the time comes.

Once again, thanks.

Laurie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: