Review of US Wings "Old Cow" Indy jacket-

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from 168.9.41.100 on March 14, 2001 at 09:20:58:

At last!!!! US Wings NAILS the Indy jacket with the latest offering, the Old Cow Indy jacket.

Now, this should be prefaced with a note that this jacket has been purchased by one of the biggest opponents of "distressed leather" around, our very own Michaelson! After receiving this jacket in the mail yesterday, I can understand why!!!!!!

The jacket is BEAUTIFULLY distressed! I mean, flawless! There is not one "uneven" bit of distressing anywhere on the jacket! It is a SOLID distressing job....in other words, it LOOKS OLD!!! The distressing makes the jacket look like it has been to hell and back, a couple of times, and maybe even been worn by our hero himself! BUT the distressing has NOT weakened the leather at all! You can FEEL the toughness of the leather! This is a jacket that can, and will, withstand ANY abuse you could put it through!

Details: It is my personal belief that there have been some slight design changes to this jacket as well, making it a DEAD ON remake of the Temple of Doom jacket. The straps have been done a little differently, they are the correct length, and they pull towards the front of the jacket as they should! The pleats have also been altered a bit, I believe, because they sure to WORK like they are supposed to! And, though the lining is probably NOT accurate to the movie jacket, the current cotton/poly lining on the Old Cow jacket is superb! And tough as hell, to boot!

This is one jacket whose appearance one has to experience in person to appreciate fully! No picture will be able to capture the essence of Wings' new offering! I am a HUGE fan of the Pecards, and put it on EVERY distressed product I get, but like Michaelson, I think I will have a hard time "messing up" this perfect distressing job. Just as Wested as reached a new level with it's Raiders jackets, so has Wings jacket offerings found it's newest and (IMHO) BEST jacket to date!

ORDER ONE and see for yourself, because no discription or picture will do it justice! If you don't like it, you can always send it back-Sarge WILL NOT stop until you are satisfied!

High Regards to Sgt. Hack and a snap salute on a job well done!
Indydawg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]