Just a different twist

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on March 14, 2001 at 13:26:10:

In Reply to: Color of the USWings "Old Cow" Jacket? posted by The Spatsman on March 14, 2001 at 11:52:12:

Not much I can add to what has already been said here, but that your description of the color being coffee brown is pretty dead on. What I really like about this jacket is that it's a jacket in reverse to what we're used to seeing. Folks tend to buy perfectly good jackets with the dark brown coloring that you're talking about, then take sandpaper, acetone (grins) and what ever to lighten it up, eventually ending up with a "correct" coloration, but actually damaging the jacket in the process. With this jacket, you can ADD the amount of brown coloration BACK into the leather my introducing either the Black Rock or Pecards in the areas you WANT darker, and leave the distressed areas, such as seams or sleeves, alone. The coloration is now doing the jacket good, as the products being introduced are HELPING the leather, where the lighter areas are already there when you receive the jacket. It's just working backwards for the same results, but instead of purposely "destroying" a perfectly good jacket, you are using the OC as a canvas to create the look you want, and are helping the leather in the same move. Interesting concept. Regards. Michaelson

: Those of you who own one of these "Old Cow" jackets...
: The praise and enthusiasm for these new jackets is impressive. The accuracy and light weight of the jacket make it sound like a worthwhile purchase.
: My issue, like the fedora ribbon of an earlier post, is the color.
: USWings Goat and lamb seem to have the color dead to rights, but that "Old Cow" seems really, really light in color, almost coffee brown. I appreciate that the photos at the USWings site are not too terribly accurate, but the difference in color between this jacket and the others on the same webpage is rather extreme. it seems to me that for accurate color and flow of material, lamb or goat is still the best option, unless you go with FS jacket, where deer is apparently an option.
: Anyone disagree?
: I'd love to hear I'm wrong on this...
: ~The Spatsman

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: