The short version...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from c534436-a.potlnd1.or.home.com on March 14, 2001 at 17:32:19:

In Reply to: Trying to locate an Acme Magic Golden Idol of Fertility... posted by Patterson on March 14, 2001 at 12:07:41:

I am about to leave for work, but if it's slow I will try to post more about this later tonight.....

This guy - acme magic co - has about 5 different ebay names.

He ALWAYS sets his auctions up as a shill bid/sell. See ebay for the definition if you don't know what that is. That's why his stuff always sells for so much - folks think they are in a bid war with some other shmoe, when it's actually the same guy running the auction!!

Others I have known have prchesed his stuff, and while very nice, are also available through others on the net who aren't looking to gouge others.

My buddy bought a headpiece from AMC, and I bought mine from an online props dealer (I can't remember his name, as it was over two years ago), and they were identicle...Metal composite with this "rare crystal"....but whereas my pal paid $245 for his, I paid $30. I have been trying to find that guys email addy, or site addy ( I KNOW I still have them), so I can order more, if they are still available.

Anyway, when confronted with this, the A.M.C. guy became VERY abusive, and threatening - DESPITE our being successful in causing ebay to close a few of his accounts.

He may be ok to deal with, if you're carefull.
Personally, I'd almost rather pay MORE than have to take the chance, and deal with this guy.

There's more, but I gotta scoot...

Indiana Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: