Getting My Goat

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from adsl-63-194-18-73.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on March 15, 2001 at 12:36:01:

Someone asked for advice regarding the FS chrome goat, so I thought I would share it with the forum too:

I was supposed to get the FS chrome goat, but FS made it in lamb by mistake. The lamb is so nice I almost kept it. But I am having them make a chrome goat for me. The color was the deciding factor for me. My Wested sucked so bad it needed as much character as possible. I am a big fan of aging jackets, but the FS is so cool the way it is, It is hard to bring myself to change it. You don't need to distress the FS jackets as much. I plan to just take some alcohol and wipe it down to take down the shine then just a little acetone on the seems and edges to create some highlights. The leather wont be damaged. Just removing color. There is no need to use sandpaper (yea!). The leather FS uses is top grade. It doesn't need a lot of dye to cover blemishes. (Wested is loaded with dye) Therefore you have be very conservative on using acetone or you will remove too much color. You might want to wait until I do mine. That way I may have better advice. At any rate you should practice on some samples first. Even though I have done this before, I am going to practice too. I want it to be right the first time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]