BTW: The distressed cow looks wonderful (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from adsl-63-194-18-73.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on March 15, 2001 at 14:53:51:

In Reply to: Agreed... posted by Indydawg on March 15, 2001 at 14:28:31:

: : I have stated more then once about my disappointment in my Wested. I want to make sure that it is known that part of that is my fault.

: : Peter was very kind to me. When I showed up at his shop and saw the jacket, I was taken back by how different it was from the ones I saw in the movie. It was SO new and shiny. It was so dark itlooked almost black. The sleeves were to long. Peter measured them himself and told me he would have it shortened and have it delivered to me at my hotel. Then he drove me back to the train station. So as you can see, he went out of his way to be kind. My problem was, I had been waiting on the edge of my seat for months for this jacket. I was amped up. I wanted to love it so bad. I had never seen an Indy jacket in the flesh much less try one on. Had I had any experience in this, I would have noticed right away the poor fit. I had nothing to compare it too. I am sure Peter would have addressed the issues and probably would have made me a new jacket. I still think the lamb he used at that time was nowhere near the quality of the movie jackets. Also the cut and other details are not correct. That is his contribution to my disappointment. I still think his jacket is a bargin price and have recommended it to those whos needs will be met with a Wested. I am glad to see the competition is motivating him to aim higher. The new jacket Indydawg has looks much better.

: I have heard too many horror stories about the lambskin Westeds of the past couple of years to not feel like some of it is probably Wested's fault.
: And the design changes that have been made recently to the Raiders jacket (as that is all I have, that is all I can speak to)
: have been a long time coming! As Patterson put it earlier...the new Raiders jacket looks "back to form with the Leather Consessionaires" jacket Peter used to do.
: I'm delighted with the jacket, and think that it addresses MOST of the issues that people have had with Wested's "authenticity" of late.
: Indeed, the competition brought on by FS, I think, is driving Wested to perfect what has been "good enough" for quite some time!
: Just my thoughts tacked on....
: Later ya'll
: Indydawg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: