Austin....answers;-)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from 168.9.41.100 on March 15, 2001 at 15:15:42:

In Reply to: IndyDawg - Questions.... posted by Austin Powers on March 15, 2001 at 14:57:15:

: Hey IndyDawg, those're some bad-ass pictures. It's always helpful to see the gear from multiple angles, not just the standard front view that most people give us. The new Wested looks AWESOME...the Old Cow Wings looks very slick too. And your hat looks like one of the best PB's we've seen to date.

Well...THANKS! I am rather partial to that hat, myself! It is one of my most prized pieces!!!! I appreciate the kind words!

: I don't know if I missed it earlier, but what are the specs of your new Wested? What hide and version did you get? If that's lamb then Holy Damn, it looks like THE BEST leather yet. Is it distressed or new finish? The pictures make me think it's distressed because it has a nice slight worn look, just like the Old Cow Wings. Whatever leather it is it makes MY Wested look like TOTAL CRAP. My leather is almost black, with no wear even after 2 years, it squeaks, plus there's NO VISIBLE grain. Yours has a real nice grain to it....I'm one jealous sumbitch.

Yeah...I posted a review of both the jackets yesterday. Check a little further down the page and you will find a pretty detailed description. The Wested I have in hand is a "New and Improved" Raiders, distressed cowhide. It is the best looking Wested I have seen to date, as well! A VERY nice distressing job!!!! Only slightly worn....just the first very top layer of hide is gone, not taking hardly any of the color out of it! I am quite happy with it!

: And how 'bout your hat? What are the specs on that? How tall is the crown and what brim size did you get?

The hat, I do not have the exact specs right in front of me, but we tweaked the movie patters together quite a bit. Generally speaking, what you are looking at is a TOD syle hat, with a shortened (4.5" at the pinch, aproaching 5" at the sides) crown, with a wide (ala "the bridge" scene from TOD) brim....I'd have to measure exactly or be looking at it, but it is a little different from the standard Raiders hat. I was really going for a sort of mixture of all 3 movie hats....if you want to email me later this evening, I'll get the exact specs.

: Thanks again for the very helpful pics,
: Austin Powers

No problem! I know everyone needs good pics of the stuff to help them decide what they might want. Glad to post them! If I owned a digital camera, there would be more and more often...

Take it easy, and let me know about any other specifics!
Indydawg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]