Re: Been busy, guys, and how many languages/dialects does Indy speak?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Magnoli from 1Cust128.tnt3.tampa.fl.gt.uu.net on September 29, 1998 at 15:02:02:

In Reply to: Been busy, guys, and how many languages/dialects does Indy speak? posted by The White Rider on September 28, 1998 at 20:43:22:

: From the movies at least, we can count English, German, Chinese, Indian, various forms of Latin, Greek. In one of the books he can speak Spanish. Is that all or have I left out some?

My two cents:
We knows he speaks at least a little modern Greek from Last Crusade and is well versed in ancient Attic Greek from Peril at Delphi. Don't forget Sanskrit from Temple. Anyone know what language he uses with the Indian villagers in Temple? I don't think it's Hindi. According to Fate of Atlantis, he seems to have trouble with Porteguese. I think in Interior World he reads Runes while in Marcus' museum. While in the Belgian Army he speaks French, and while stationed in Italy, Italian.

It seems very rare that Indy ever needs an interpreter. I guess that what happens when you're raised traveling the world with Henry Sr. as your dad!

-Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]