Re: You've got to be kidding

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Erin1335 from spider-we012.proxy.aol.com on September 29, 1998 at 15:27:32:

In Reply to: Re: saving private ryan is toooooooo violent, why should this be at the top of the oscar list posted by J.J. on July 30, 1998 at 12:57:45:

You'd have to be crazy to condemn Saving Private Ryan as a bad movie. I can safely say that it was the best movie that I ever saw in my entire life. It showed the actual horror of war & was more than just a movie. Saving Private Ryan honored the veterans of WWII and was far less violent than an actual war would be, so stop complaining. As for Matt Damon trying to steal attention away from Leo--get over it. He was barely in the movie to begin with, and the little shown of his acting was very impressive; if he'd been looking for female attention, he'd have chosen more of a love story type. Plus, is it so hard to believe that someone might go for a role with the motive of making a good movie other than gaining groupies? Just to top it off, apparently you haven't even seen the movie. I didn't want to see it at first, but once I did, I was deeply impressed on how the war was depicted. You could atleast have had the decency to see the movie before you criticized it; so you aren't in any position to judge.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]