Indy's Aldens vs. Ours

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupF238.mpls.uswest.net on March 16, 2001 at 01:22:34:

Ever since I purchased a pair of the Alden 405 Indy Boots I've wondered about something. On my boots, and on every pair I've seen photos of, the soles stick out considerably farther than the body of the boot. Mine stick out a good 1/4" and I'd wager that this holds true for every pair produced.

But what I see on screen is slightly different. The soles on Indy's boots end seemingly where the body of the boots do. Now granted, Indy's boots were intentionally distressed and I realize that over time the soles will wear down a bit, but the well-worn fan Aldens don't portray this characteristic. On IndyGear there are a few pictures of fan-owned Aldens that have been through hell and back and have achieved the look of the movie boots, except for the soles. The soles on these boots appear to have rounded off a tad, but they're still noticeably wider than the bodies of the boots.

Were the soles of the movie boots intentionally ground down and rounded off much closer to the boot itself? Am I reading too much into this?

Has anyone else noticed what I mean?

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: