LOL!!! Got off on a bit of a rant there, didn't I?!? (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from 168.9.41.100 on March 16, 2001 at 09:48:31:

In Reply to: Re: Yeah, but IndyDawg...how do you REALLY feel? (nm) posted by The Spatsman on March 15, 2001 at 23:31:35:

: : : : Pretty large for you. Wrong lining (not dark brown), brass zipper (not silver) original brown colour (even distressed)is darker, and side straps are awfully attached with an awful cross-stitch. The original jackets were not sewn this way. No one doubts it was Peter who made the jackets for the films, but for the moment, he has not made a close copy to the original. He has pulled our legs again. To be frank, all the Indy jackets available are crap. They all are pretty close to the originals but you can always find something wrong: collar too large, wrong lining color, wrong zipper, but without any doubt the worst device are the the straps and how they are attached.

: : Sheesh, man! Ok....I am going to assume that you were present for the filming of all the movies AND that you have seen my Raiders jacket in person to know it's TRUE coloring since you speak with such authority on it!

: : First of all, I ordered the jacket a bit large for me on purpose! I like to layer in the winter! In order to layer, I felt like I needed a Wested with a bit more room in it! I didn't necessarily WANT to look like Harrison Ford did....I wanted a jacket I could wear with anything in almost any kind of weather...more room allows for more AIR to get in on warm days! THAT way, I can wear it in a wider range of temps!

: : Second....again, you must have been present at the filming, AND have seen my jacket in person (because the digital camera I have access to is NOT the best in the world with capturing color) to KNOW what the true coloring of my lining, leather, etc. is....the distressing job on this jacket is SUPERB!!!! It barely has the top layer of dark taken off! VERY dark leather! Don't let the lighting in movies fool you! I could have taken pics of this jacket where the leather would have been BLACK with the right lighting!

: : And you can just lay off Peter, and the other jacket makers! They are all doing the best they can with what they have...which at BEST is old, torn up, storage stiffened stunt jackets from 20 years ago and at WORST patterns that have been lost, found, lost again, and "redone" from memory with a little help from "friends"....we fans, manufacturers, consultants, and lookers on are ALL in this together trying-in our own little way or BIG way-to put the best thing we can possibly put out there! I never expect any more from myself, and I sure as hell don't expect more from anyone else! You wanna take shots at someone? Do it somewhere else! If you aren't being part of the solution, you are being part of the problem! Quit being part of the problem and either lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!

: : 'Nuff said!
: : Indydawg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: