Man,looks like I missed the party - story of my life...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on March 16, 2001 at 11:13:28:

In Reply to: AAARrrrrrrr!, Ay! (nm) posted by Prince3k$ on March 16, 2001 at 02:55:59:

Many thanks for the kind words on my behalf.

"Turning up the heat" was never my intention, and I am afraid I have likely alienated Peter in the process. In going through this it became clear that the representations and overall "legend" of the jacket have been less than accurate. The Leather Concessionaires jacket owes its existence to a Flight Suits horsehide jacket Lee loaned Peter back in the 1980's. To say that this is the same pattern used in the making of Raiders is making a bit of a leap – one that I would not hang my fedora on. About the best we can say is that it appears that the Wested has returned to a more accurate Raiders pattern - though I really wish he'd narrow the storm flap.

My hope is that someday somebody can pry-loose one of the jackets hanging in the Lucasfilms archives, or better yet, get the actual original patterns from Debra Nadoolman (Landis). Until then, I still have to call the FS the most faithful recreation of the jacket from Raiders. From the looks of Indydawg's Wested, Peter is damn close! I just wish he'd return my emails/phone calls so I can place an order.

Ah, well...

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: