I prefer sheep. ;) And more ramblings...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0828.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on March 16, 2001 at 15:50:53:

In Reply to: Re: I was not fond of goat either... posted by Michaelson on March 16, 2001 at 13:47:12:

: : But what they sell is nothing like I've seen before. The veg has virtually the same grain as the lamb - very tight. The best for accuracy in look, for my money is the veg goat. While the lamb is nice stuff, it will never hold a candle to the goat. Get some samples from Dave. On the deer - it is very nice stuff, and though thick is not "heavy" by any means. It keeps you cool in heat and warm in the cold. Ask Michaelson how he likes his. It is a bit thick for an authentic weight and drape, but don't count it out.

: : Hope this helps - cheers!

: : Patterson

: Mine is growing on me (no, not literally (grisn)), and it's exactly as Patterson describes, breathes nicely in heat and cold, and quite comfomfortable across a WIDE range of temps. The ironic thing about all this is Lee and I argued with Patterson for quite a while about leaving toward the goat, and he argued for the deer. Here, after all the smoke cleared, HE got the goat, and I have the deer, and at times wish I had listened to my own council, but it's not anything against the deer at all. It's just that I see my advice was sound, and I didn't take it myself. Well, you're never to old to make mistakes. Anyway, the ONLY thing I'd say on the down side of the deerskin is it's continued ability to "relax". When I received it from FS, the sleeves were perfect. After about 3 weeks, the sleeves were almost down to my second knuckle of my hands! I ended up having them hemmed by a leather expert near me, and they're once again the right length. Hopefully the sleeve length has reached it's maximum "relaxation". Oddly enough, the body has not experienced this at all! Weird. Anyway, the deerskin is premium, but I still believe, and it's now finally been confirmed, that the veg. goatskin would be the way to go, and if I had it all to do again, I'd stay the course. Now, did I just add to your confusion? Sorry about that. Regards. Michaelson

Actually, the odd fact that the deerskin sleeves stretch that much could be good thing for me!. It seems that I have abnormal long arms. I checked the FS size chart. Something's wrong with that thing! My shoulders seem oddly wide as well, but I lack the waist... looks like the FS size chart goes for an odd body type (average size American?).
I would have to go for a custom jacket. Ouch!
FG
PS: Yes, I'm getting more an more confused. ;)
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: