I need the patience of Job?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0828.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on March 16, 2001 at 16:20:17:

In Reply to: A little more "deerskin" info posted by Michaelson on March 16, 2001 at 16:12:17:

I have that spare jacket...
So, did the Pecards make the deerskin sticky in the end? I wouldn't want that. How long exactly did it take to soak up the conditioner? Also, isn't the best thing about deerskin that it doesn't shrink or get brittle after getting soaked in water?
So many questions...
FG

: The main concern I had about my deerskin was it's "inability" to naturally repel water, though it dries EXTREMELY fast, it just seemed to soak it up. I called Dave Marshall about this, and he said "Oh yes, the VERY best thing to use on that is a product called Pecards leather dressing. Ever heard of it?" Uh, yeah. Well, I gave my deerskin a good coating of Pecards, and thought it would NEVER soak in. It finally did, and man, did it work wonders on the leather! repels water like a tarp, and the leather is just a supple as first received. You have to the patience of Job, and a spare jacket to wear while waiting for the Pecards to work, but well worth the effort and wait. Just more food for thought. Regards. Michaelson

:
: : The slick goat sure feels more like a man-made material than leather. I wonder how it drapes... I'm not really after a bulletproof jacket. I live in a fairly good area. ;) Water resistance is a plus, I think. The deer looks like the way to go. Thanks, man!
: : FG

: : : From what I've held of their goats, the denser, plastic one is the veg goat. If it feels like an industrial "slicker" than that's the stuff. Hope this helps. Note how indestructible that stuff is. Like Patterson and MK have described, the break in may be longer but, you're wearing a natural "Kevlar" jacket.
: : : Gregg
: : :
: : :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: