Sure would appreciate some advice here. This IS NOT a knock against Wested. PLEASE read!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Dog from 64.14.248.62 on March 16, 2001 at 18:40:53:

Try to make this as short and sweet as possible.
Ordered a Wested in July, got it 20 Nov 00 (pretty late but not the point of this) was to small, so without even leaving the post office I packed it back up and for the cost of 40 bucks, sent it back asking for a larger size. Two months go by and after talking with Peter, he says they haven't received it. Talk to the post office, fill out a lost item claim (it was insured). Two months later, still nothing from the post office. Last Friday, I come home and since the mail area is outside at my complex, I see a box addressed to me, left outside in the pouring rain! After fightin' the urge to go 'postal' on the post office, I call and as friendly as I can explain the situation to the women over the phone. She says (a) they will not refund my 40 dollars in shipping charges, even though it never left the country because that's just handling charges. The clerk 'handled' my parcel and put the correct info on it and since that's what the 40 clams was for I will not get refunded that money. (b) They will pay for any damage to the jacket. The jacket was left out in the pouring down rain for who knows how many hours and is beyond repair. (Shrunk more, ink from the box got on the jacket, etc) How can you repair something that is completly ruined?!! She asked why I sent it back in the first place, to small I say, well then they should still take it back. It's ruined now, Wested, I don't care how Saintly Peter can be, is NOT gonna take this back. (and I wouldn't ask him to) So, basically she said they would give me 100 dollars in damages and that's it. WHAT!(I punched the keys very hard on that) Does this make sense to anyone!? How do you fight the Post Office?! They didn't deliver what I paid for, and they ruined a 300 dollar jacket for which they say they'll give me 100 for. What's wrong with these people!! How do I get back on the Post Office General up in the heavan's above good side so this can be taken care of!?!?!?!?! Sure would appreciate some level headed suggestions here. I may be a dumb country boy, but this doesn't make sense no matter how you look at it!
Thanks for readin' my rantings and I'd be much obliged to read your thoughts. If there are any cute female Indy fans out there, I sure could use a hug right about now.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]