Re: I mean this particular goatskin as opposed to the other one. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from 1Cust9.tnt2.sherman-oaks.ca.da.uu.net on March 16, 2001 at 22:55:38:

In Reply to: I mean this particular goatskin as opposed to the other one. (nm) posted by HenryJ on March 16, 2001 at 22:09:09:

: Color? Texture? Durability?

Color & durability. The one downside to the lamb which I currently have is the brown is red dominant. What I mean is, it takes three primary colors to make brown: Red, yellow and black. You combine those and you get brown. For a reason I have not descovered yet, the current brown lambskin available today (Wested and FS)seem to be red heavy. (that's the ONLY thing it has in common). Color from pictures is a tough thing to gauge, but my eye doesn't see that strong red undertone in the Raiders jacket. Now the LC jacket is another story. That I can see. When you age that color it has mauve highlights. I prefer the beige highlights that the Raiders jacket had. It looks like the color most cowhide is dyed with. Look at Indydawg's recent Wested destressed cow. You can see more of the beige underneath. This is yellow dominate brown dye.

FS's chrome goat is very dark brown, but it will age that color. As for durability, the goat wins hands down. The one thing that is superior with the FS lamb is the drape. It folds and moves exactly like Fords Raiders jacket.

As for the veg seal, it is stiffer, a little lighter color (still yellow strong) and seems imposible to age. For some these attributes are an advantage. Patterson loves his veg goat. Depends mostly on taste. Hope this makes sense.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]