Re: Leathers

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Curious from 1Cust186.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on March 17, 2001 at 20:17:29:

In Reply to: Re: Leathers posted by West on March 17, 2001 at 18:45:34:

I'm not the "curious" who apparently was ranting against Flight Suits last summer (I need a new name). I want one badly, but I change my mind on the leather every time I touch a sample or read a posting. Oh, well, I'm not in a hurry.

: Personally I like the goat choices that Flightsuits has to offer. Both are very durable and strong and have a nice soft feeling to them after the leather has a chance to relax (my samples became very soft and very nice after some "distressing"). Now as for color, I'm still debating which color I like the best (the seal brown or the dark brown). Seeing Patterson's jacket and the samples sold me on the veg seal brown but after seeing the jackets in person (both Veg seal brown and chrome dark brown) I'm starting to become a convert to chrome goat (especially after taking a longer look at MK's pics of the aging of the chrome and how nice it might look after like 50+ years of natural aging and wear.) Plus the recent strange rains I've been having experiencing lately (hail, snow, and rain on a constant down pour in Tucson, Arizona so strong it destroyed my umbrella) has convinced me I need a jacket that can take the brunt and be very fashionable (See I'm from the younger/vainer generation of Indy fans). According to Dave both goats will become very nice with wear and it's really color that is the major deciding point.
: Now back to my game of eenie meenie minee moe with leather samples... (Dave's warning was right, lots of sleepless nights holding the leather samples and trying to decide.)

: Laters
: West

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: