Wow!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on March 18, 2001 at 19:32:18:

In Reply to: Michaelson you always have a level-headed way of looking at things . . . help? posted by Indiana Dog on March 16, 2001 at 18:43:14:

First, thanks for your confidence in me! (grins) Personally, I think you are indeed on the right track, though, in your Post Master General, but I think I would start at the District level first. I'd see who is in charge of your particular area (I'm not even sure I'm using the correct lingo here, but am sure somebody can help me out) and send a detailed, registered letter to that individual, asking for their help in resolving this matter. I would also suggest you send a copy of this to Peter as well. I know for a fact that this situation has indeed been one that has perplexed him no end, as his hands are tied until your jacket arrives physically in his shop. If you don't get any satisfaction at that level, more up the ladder until your at the Post Master General's Washington address. You'll find, though, that working with the government, you'll do better by working your way up the ladder, than heading to the top and allowing it to, as they say, flow downward to the problem. That seems to work in industry, but not with federal, or state agencies. I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from, but take the first step in a totally business like manner in your letter, and see where it goes. Check with your post office first to get that address, and if no go there, see what you can find through the internet. I'm sure you'll be able to get the name and address from that source. Another way of finding out is asking where your mail is sent to be sorted. Our mail, for instance, is shipped from my local post office to Chattanooga, resorted, then sent back, so if I were in this situation, I'd be contacting the individual at the Chattanooga office, and on from there. What ever you do, make sure you mail a copy to Peter with a note that you've discovered the snafu, and are trying to sort things out. You'll have to admit, you are in a position to repair bridges here, as you pretty well flamed Peter by blaming him for the loss of the jacket in the first place. Not making any stands here, but you may want to consider doing as much repair work as you can as you progress through this process. Just a thought. I know one of our intrepid group is indeed a mail carrier. I hope they see this and can add or correct anything I've said here. I'll be interested in how things turn out. Please keep us in the loop, and the VERY best of luck to you! High regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]