Re: ribbon

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn002a-p4-027.cybertours.com on March 18, 2001 at 22:18:24:

In Reply to: ribbon posted by Charger Jones on March 18, 2001 at 19:39:30:

: Say, is anyone sure of the color of ribbon on the hat Ford wore in Raiders? I always thought it to be black. But then I heard dark brown.

I've never seen or heard anything to convince me that it is anything but dark brown. The reproduction ribbon that Herbert Johnson Hatters had made based off of a swatch of the original ribbon is dark brown. When I asked Richard Swales if any black was ever used he said no - that it has always been a dark brown. Now, does that mean that it doesn't look black? Remember that lighting and how colors appear on film can be very deceiving. I've also heard it mentioned that when black ribbon gets dirty, it can look dark brown. Possibly, but remember that as the film hat ribbon got dirty, so did the hats, lightening the color of that brown as well. I am convinced that they were brown ribbons on all of the hats. I have some extremely dark brown ribbon that looks black under the right conditions, and certainly it looks black against my very light brown hat. It is all in the lighting and how it looks to the eye. All that having been said, I have always advocated that folks here should do what pleases them, not what pleases others. If YOU think it looks black, then put black ribbon on your hat. I think too much emphasis is placed on what other people think anyway... =)

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]