Re: Elkhorn shirts

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rabittooth from spider-wm023.proxy.aol.com on March 19, 2001 at 03:28:15:

In Reply to: Re: Elkhorn shirts posted by Curious on March 18, 2001 at 18:58:16:

The pants are great...I've got them in the Taupe, and the color is perfect. The material IS a bit thin, but they look pretty good. My shirt is lightened to a much better ivory color now,by the way, for those who were keeping up with my bleaching experiment with the LL Bean.

: I believe I may have posted that the Eddie Bauer shirt has epaulets (meaning on the shoulders like the L.L. Bean) but they don't. They're good Indy-like shirts but not replicas. The tan L.L. Bean is as close as I've ever seen to the Noel Howard shirts; both the cut and color are remarkably the same and all it's missing is the silly epaulets running down the front (they remind me of the frilly tuxedo shirts from the seventies).

: Also, the L.L. Bean Year Round wool dress trousers in taupe are very close in color to the Noel Howard pants, complete with rear flap pockets. The material is different (thinner weight and without the ribbed twill), but with one call you could replicate as closely as possible the Indy outfit. Just telling my experience.

: (No, I don't own L.L. Bean stock.)

: : : I couldn't find it either... but check out the safari and field shirts at this site:
: : : http://www.stafford-catalog.com/

: : : : what's the Eddie Bauer shirt you're talking about? I went to their
: : : : site and i couldn't find anything that looked like the Indy Shirt..

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]