Problem with whipholster

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rabittooth from spider-wm023.proxy.aol.com on March 19, 2001 at 03:38:33:

I just thought I'd pass along my solution to a problem I had with the whipholster (Keppler). My bullwhip is a 6ft, so perhaps that's the reason for the problem I was having with the holster. The whip was uncoiling and sliding handle first out of the holster because perhaps it was designed for the # of coils a longer whip would create. To solve it, I took some leftover leather strapping I had after making my bagstrap, went to the local craftshop, and for $6 bought a little kit that enables you to put heavy-duty snaps onto leather. I simply made two small straps to hold the coils tightly together on either side of the coiled whip. So now it sits nice and tight in the holster without uncoiling. Granted, there is probably a bit more of a delay in the draw, but they come off pretty fast and easily, and after distressing the snap head and leather a little, it actually looks pretty cool too. Did anybody else out there have this problem keeping their whips in the holsters?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]