My two cents on US Authentic

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-mtc-tg021.proxy.aol.com on March 19, 2001 at 05:02:06:

In Reply to: Well, the accuracy is not good, but... posted by Pattersoh on March 18, 2001 at 11:31:26:

: Actually, the quality of construction is pretty good. Frankly, his Indy jacket pattern is a bad copy of a Wested(pre-recent revisions), and he clearly does not understand how a bi-swing pleat is supposed to work. The jacket pictured is not what was delivered, and that was disappointing. The underlying construction is top notch, though. I hear good things about his A2's and G1's, and I would tend to believe it. The absolute best thing? The vintage goat was the most interesting leather I've seen. It was more red (russet) than most would probably like, but he claimed it to be actually 40 years old - really! And - tell me if you agree Shawnkara - I would tend to believe him.

I'd have to agree with Patterson. It's a great jacket, though not very accurate. Funny what Josh said about the pocket flaps. The revisions Patterson had done on mine made it just about right. And, it IS an odd sort of hide. Looking at the color, and I guess over all "style", the idea that it was very old hide occured to me right away. Very odd choice of rings on the straps, Indy jacket or not. Very odd way of configuring the side vents. But Patterson is right; overall, it's a great jacket and tough as Hell! It's my first choice in colder weather and when hiking in mud. Not that I don't care for its health, it's just that damn tough. But for the retail price, I'd be looking at FS if I were you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]