Re: The Hatmaker's project

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by INDIANA GJR from 152.163.206.189 on September 30, 1998 at 16:45:07:

In Reply to: The Hatmaker's project posted by Michaelson on September 30, 1998 at 14:50:29:

: This post is for those of us who, for whatever reason, don't have Herbert Johnson fedoras. These reasons may range from can't afford, to don't care, or both. Being one who falls into one of these catagories, I have contacted a small company in Virginia who does work with the company Stark and Legum Hat company. They are call the Hatmaker's. I know several folks on the forum have had some dealings with these folks. I sent to them a brand new Bronner fur felt fedora, and several photographs of the Indy fedora as seen in the Last Crusade. I personally like the fedora as it appeared at the beginning of the movie at the college. (Sorry, but it appeals to me more than the sharp peak of the Raiders version. Yeah, I know, for shame!) The folks at Hatmaker's are working to duplicate that hat, including the dimensional cut of the brim, reblocking, and correct ribbon width/color. No, the Petersham ribbon problem is not one I am getting involved with. Correct color and width is more important to me. Ironically they have a length of Petersham that belongs another of our forum that they were able to compare to and take measurements from. Anyway, these folks are REAL nice ladies to talk to and are more than interested in doing this kind of work for us. As soon as I receive the completed fedora, I'll write a complete report regarding description and any prices for Max/Mike to post on the Indy Diggs. If you want any additional information, feel free to email me directly. Regards. Michaelson

That would be great. Beleive it or not , i do not own a well made fedora. I do own one though! Tanks,
G.J.R.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]