On the distressing of the jacket...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on March 19, 2001 at 16:31:36:

In Reply to: Re: Raiders Jacket Question posted by Michaelson on March 19, 2001 at 15:57:21:

: : I am going to order a Wested Raiders jacket tommarrow. I have a few questions for you guys I got all my measurements done. I am 6'3 150 llbs. and have a 38 inch chest and wear a 38L jacket. Should I get a 40L instead so I can wear a sweat shirt or a sweater under it? What are your opinions? Also I am ordering a shit, pants, bet and bage from Noel Howard tommarrow also. I know he did the weathering for the original jackets would he do this for one of our Westeds also I was thinking about asking him if he would if I were to send it to him once I get the jacket. Let me know what your thoughts are. I also am ordering a Peter Bros. Fedora and a gun from propguns.com all I will need is the shoes, holster, gunbelt and whip.
: : Thanks!

: I always tend to hedge toward the larger size myself when ordering for the very reasons you mention, but I would lay those very pieces of information on Peter and see what HE recommends. They tend to allow for a bit more room on top of what you give them for the very reasons you state, those being the wearing of sweat shirts and the like underneath. Regards. Michaelson

Noel was approached awhile back - by John, I believe? It was proposed that we'd sign a release so he could not be held responsible for ruined jackets - one man's "hey, that looks cool" is another man's "you've ruined my jacket." As I recall, he would not touch the idea.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: