The pleats....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from pool-63.52.2.1.atln.grid.net on March 20, 2001 at 18:15:39:

In Reply to: Re: I was just thinking about that..... posted by Curious on March 20, 2001 at 17:29:17:

Man, the pleats work perfectly! Peter has really nailed this one as far as I am concerned! It's the best damn Wested I've ever had my hands on!

"If you have the means, I highly recommend you picking one up"...
Ok...what movie? Little movie trivia test! See how good you really are;-)
Later, man!
Indydawg

: Great post, and I forgive you for not getting right on it.

: That's good to hear about the Wested. I agree that uniform, overall distressing doesn't look as good as more realistically distressed jackets that have highlighted areas of fake "wear".

: And how are the Wested's new pleats? That's been my only complaint about these jackets all along.

: : And I tell you what-after a week of wearing each jacket almost as much as the other, I can unequivocally say that I would have to keep the Wested!
: : Here's why-
: : First off, it fits me (the way I like a jacket to fit me) better. I like a little more room in my jacket so that I can wear a sweater with it if I need to.
: : Also, with the cotton lining in the jacket, it needs to be a little "big" so that you don't have such a hard time getting long sleeved shirts into the jacket.
: : Second, I like the leather better! It is darker, softer, not as evenly distressed (which to me looks more authentic and gives the jacket more character)
: : and though not as "tough", it is still cowhide, so it is tougher than your average jacket.
: : Third, just the overall jacket.....the Wested looks better, feels better wearing it, smells better, forms to my body better, and after surviving a very near all out bar brawl in Savannah this last Sat, has proven its ability to handle at least more than "casual" wear!
: : Yes...if I had to give up one of them, the Wings jacket would have to go!

: : Sorry for the "pause" in my getting to this post....didn't get back to my computer work until this morning!
: : Later, man!
: : Indydawg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: