I gotta agree with the Spatsman....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from ydialup81.mpls.uswest.net on March 20, 2001 at 19:24:48:

In Reply to: Re: All-Around most versatile...8FT posted by The Spatsman on March 20, 2001 at 16:52:37:

I've got a 10ft David Morgan and an 8ft Mark Allen. I got the 10-footer back in June of '99 and used it a few times. I had 6ft whips as a kid and I reckon I'm a decent "cracker". I didn't have a whole lotta trouble crackin' the 10-footer. But I couldn't do certain cracks with it. I think it's too long to do the forward crack like Young Indy did in "Crusade". Plus it's pretty heavy and your arm gets tired fairly quickly.

I just got the 8ft Mark Allen this winter, so I haven't had a chance to crack it yet. But it really seems "sleeker". Meaning it's not quite as heavy and thick. I don't know if this is because of the shorter length, or if all Mark Allens are lighter than David Morgans. Either way, I feel my 8ft Mark Allen will be VERY easy to crack. I think I'll be able to use it longer without tiring and I think I'll be able to crack it from any position.

On David Morgan's website it says Indy carried a 10-footer most of the time, and everyone seems to agree. But after owning a 10-footer and using it, I've come to the conclusion that Indy's whip was actually an 8-footer. I'm almost 100% positive that he never carried a 10-footer on his belt. Those HAVE to be 8 or maybe even 6-footers in some scenes. I also think that he probably used an 8-footer when cracking it too, at least in the Cairo bazaar and on the tank in "Crusade".

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]