Re: The Indy Clones.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mykel from 206.172.137.27 on October 01, 1998 at 15:06:41:

In Reply to: Re: The Indy Clones. posted by Michaelson on October 01, 1998 at 10:55:09:

: : Hi,
: : I was watching "The Rocketeer" on video yesterday and it got me to thinking of all the movies that have been made purely on the success of the Indy Jones trilogy. There have been some good ones and some bad ones. My favourite 1930 style High adventure movies are "The Rocketeer", "High Road to China", "Romancing the Stone", and I may be the only person in the world who likes "Jake Speed". There have been some that are not bad "The Shadow", "The Phantom" and "King Solomon's Mines". However I hate "Allan Quatermain and the Lost city of Gold", and many of the cheap Italian rip offs such as "Captain Yankee and the Jungle Raiders", "Hunters of the Forbidden Cobra" and "Treasure of the four crowns". I was very partial to an old tv series called "Tales of the Golden Monkey".

: : Has anyone else got any favourites? Or are there any that you hate like Indy hates snakes.

: Ah, Tales of the Gold Monkey! Man, does THAT bring back old memories. That was the only fix we could get after Raiders that at least appeared Indy like. I guess it still shows up now and again on cable channels that no one seems to be able to get their local companies to carry. Regards. Michaelson

What about MInes of Kilimanjaro. That movie is hilariously bad. It was the one made in 1988/or89 and is just aweful.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]