Re: Should Indy IV be the finale?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by George. from ausfire.austin.ppdi.com on October 02, 1998 at 05:02:01:

In Reply to: Re: Should Indy IV be the finale? posted by george on October 01, 1998 at 10:39:19:

: : What with Ford getting on in years (but still going strong) and the consensus being that only Ford can play Indy, I think that Indy IV should be the grand finale. Not that I want to see the series go, but if we leave it to another person/group of people, then we may not get new movies with the quality we've come to expect. Ford and Spielberg are THE men, end of discussion.

: : -The White Rider-

It's true that Harrison Ford is getting a little bit long in the tooth to play Indy for too much longer. There are a few options - 1920's set prequels with Sean Patrick Flannery (an idea that isn't too popular). Another option is to start having Indy being an older mentor type figure to a younger adventurer - an idea that I don't really like. The options seem kind of limited and in many ways Indy IV should be the finale. But, I know (like many of you probably do too) that in a few years I'll start to get itchy for new adventures. So, what can be done? Well, here is what I think would be the coolest idea. Wouldn't it be mega if they filmed three Indy adventures back to back. Like Robert Zemeckis did with the second two Back to the Future Films. Like Lucas is apparently doing for Star Wars 2 and 3, and like Peter Jackson is doing with the upcoming Lord of the Rings movies.
Then we could have an Indy fix for at least a year and a half to three years depending on when they released them. And with Spielbergs rep for getting films in on time it shouldn't take up too much time.
Ah, it's just a pipe dream I know, but it's good to dream.

See ya.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]