Well, I'll try

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on March 21, 2001 at 14:56:34:

In Reply to: Raiders Pistols- Questions posted by belloq on March 21, 2001 at 14:43:56:

: A few questions regarding the Raiders pistols:

: 1)Indygear states that two types of SW hand ejectors (2 types of rounds)were used. Which type is the one in the picture on the Indygear.com pistol page (next to the TOD holster, whip etc.)?
Correct. one was a .45 ACP, which was the "pretty" revolver for all close up work. The revolver handed to Belloq, the revolver that actually landed in the suit case was the .45 ACP. The firing revolver (the one in the Indygear pic) was in .455 Eley caliber. I STILL think there was yet one more in the mix, but without access to Patterson's infamous digital scanning unit, I can only say that the revolver fired on the flying wing, and the revolver we have "shoved" in our faces in the basket chase don't appear to have the barrel end that we see on the .455 in the IndyGear pic. Just my opinion, though.:

2)Do all SW hand ejectors have the lanyard ring in the grip butt?
Yes, or at least the ones I have handled and seen.

: 3)What are the the current price estimates for the kind of SW Hand Ejector pictured at Indygear.com and the Browning Hi Power?
Depending on condition and market, I've seen them run from $250 to $450 US

: 4)Is there any chance of obtaining a pre-1936 FN P35 Browning Hi Power, and how does that dating increase the price?
Sure, but plan to pay a hefty price, as that is the first year of manufacture, and in the collector world, it's pricey. A newer version can run anywhere from $300 up, but why a pre-1936? There was little change in design from the original through the current offering?

: 5)I don't see the second type Hand Ejector (.455 Eley with grip medallions) in any of the eight scenes- where is it? (1.handed over to Belloq in jungle, 2.tossed in the suitcase at his house, 3.as the first pistol in the Raven bar, 4.to shoot the Swordsman in Cairo street, 5.to shoot truck drivers in Cairo alley, 6.nearly drawn on Belloq in the bar, 7.dropped and retrieved from the ground in the plane mechanic fight and 8. to free Marion from the flying wing.) Am I missing something?
Like I said, the one usually used for the actually shooting was the .455, so any revolver seen in the scenes you list would have been the .45 ACP.

Regards. Michaelson
: Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: