Muchas Gracias. You're a field of info, Michaelson! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 206.67.74.174 on March 21, 2001 at 15:02:39:

In Reply to: Understood posted by Michaelson on March 21, 2001 at 14:14:48:

: Actually, Lee has had business with the rental companies who supplies the production companies the props for the movies. Lee has been a professional holster/gun leather man for years and years, and has insider contacts with the folks who either rented or made the props. He became interested in the IJ hobby at the same time I did, 1981, and came up with an idea of making a "Indiana Jones" package for the hobbiest back in the mid 1980's. This was going to include everything you can imagine, right down to a prop gun made from one of the Smith and Wesson revolvers used in the Raiders movie. Unfortunately, the plans fell apart for one reason or another, but Lee continued to offer the items separately through sales in several magazines. That's how I first came across him in 1984. He maintained his patterns and a lot of his props, and last year returned to the Indy market when he was alerted to the wild and wonderful world of the internet. Fortunately for us, he's kept that fire for the hobby, and is slowly building up again, and is once again supplying us with the items we want, and they're a dead on match to the originals. I understand MK just saw a strap yesterday, so hopefully he'll be able to field that question, as I do not have one, or have actually handled one, though I have the holster, whip holder, and the whip he has to offer. Just contact Lee directly at ROTLA007@aol.com and ask him directly. He's a great guy to talk to, and I highly recommend him to any and everyone who's serious about our hobby. Regards. Michaelson

: : How exactly was Lee Keppler involved in the films?(Michaelson, I looked on Indygear and didn't find a thorough answer.) And what exactly does he produce - just the whip holder, bag strap and gun items?

: : Anyone know the price and/or look of the bag strap?

: : Cheers,

: :
: : Indy Sean

: : -----
: : : : What exactly does Lee Keppler sell and how authentic are his items? I'v e never seen any of his bag straps or whip holders or anything he makes, I only heard about them from other Indyfans.

: : : : He doesn't seem to have a web site or price list or anything.. how exactly is he associated with Indygear anyway?There doesn't seem to be any information on him anywhere...What's the deal?

: : : You can find the history of our old friend Lee at IndyGear.com at the link of the "Gear story". You can see several of Lee's items there, such as his holster and whipholder, and from what I understand, someday soon he'll have a website for us to go to, but I'll have to let Lee answer to that. His items are based on his handling of the actual props back in the distant past of the Raiders production, so his will probably be the most accurate you'll find in terms of holster, gunbelt, strap, whip holder and the like. Hope this helps some. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]