So would I if I had one in the Apt. (grin)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rabittooth from spider-mtc-tc011.proxy.aol.com on March 21, 2001 at 17:31:11:

In Reply to: I would use the trusty old washing machine.(nm) posted by Fedora on March 19, 2001 at 13:15:22:

: : Warm water and bleach in a bucket...stir stir stir...remove and rinse well, then dry. repeat and repeat and repeat. I started with a small amount of bleach and then added more as the process continued. I was stirring and agitating it for about a half hour at a time before removing and rinsing it. It's quite a few shades lighter now and getting closer and closer each time I do it. I'd have to suggest doing it outside or in a well ventilated area, or with some kind of mask because the bleach fumes are nasty and actually made whatever I ate during the day taste mildly of bleach. It's probably not too swift for your lungs either. It's working, but I'm not too sure how the final outcome will be..I'll let you know.

: : : how are you bleaching your llbean shirt?

: : : curious to know how you're making it lighter.

: : : thanks,

: : :
: : : Indy Sean

: : : ___

: : :
: : : .: I need a little advice on the shirt...I got the LL Bean poplin shirt, and the style looks pretty good...close...but the color is all wrong. They don't have the "stone" available, and the tan color is much much to dark. I've been slowly bleaching this one, and it's getting closer, but I'm wondering if someone knows where to get the closest replica. Do most of you folks have the Noel Howard version? Is it good in terms of the color weight and style?
: : : : I can always count on great info from you guys here on IFF.
: : : : Thanks in advance...
: : : : -Richie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: