Indy Adventures Part Three, My Further Moronic Escapades

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Mike from 208-5-200-184.dialup.neteze.com on March 22, 2001 at 00:41:23:

As many of you know, I am chronicling many of the always moronic, usually performed while drunk escapades I've had while trying to live the "Indy" lifestyle. As always, I will state that if people want me to stop posting these stories, simply don't respond. one or two responses will encourage me greatly to continue on in my efforts to educate the Indyfan forum on the dangers of combining 1)not enough sexual activity 2)too much liquor 3)too much testosterone 4)way too much free time and 5)an unhealthy addiction to adventure.

I'm 19, it's spring break up at Cal Berkeley, and me and about seven people decide to spend our time in sunny San Felipe. We pile into three cars, four in a volvo, two in one pickup, and me and a friend Sean in his beat up Isuzu pickup. I think you guys can figure out how the trouble will start.

Somewhere between San Diego and the ass-end of America that is Calexico the Isuzu breaks down big time. We're talking a whole new tranny here. Our friends are in front, so they don't realize what has happened. Sean and I push the piece of junk into a gas station. My friend Sean floats a check for about 800 to get it repaired. He has 45 dollars in his account, we know, because when he withdraws 40 about ten minutes later he only has 5 left. At this point I have two options. Call my parents to get me. no way. Wait in the scenic town of Alpine for the truck to be fixed in three days. Nope.

There's only one thing to do, as there is no bus station in Alpine. We shoulder our bags and begin following the railroad tracks that head towards San Diego. No, we didn't have to jump onto a moving train, we managed to jump in at a freight station by explaining our plight. The guys says that if we are caught we are on our own, and not to mention his name. We have to endure two stops in which police officers randomly check to make sure people have the 200 tickets required to ride this particular car. We don't have tickets. We are dressed like morons, everyone else is in suits and at least 40. By the grace of god we are not caught.

We get to San Diego, and take a bus to Tijuana. Not fun. We find a hotel in Tijuana and pay 12 dollars, that's right, 12 dollars for a room for the night. The room next to us has collapsed, with rusty pipes dripping water onto the floor. Cockroaches scurry around, and the shower is just a pipe coming out of the wall with a drain on the floor. Nothing holds the water in the room except a slight incline.

Well, we go out to the bus stations and buy tickets to San Felipe. They're pretty cheap, the buses look new, and we figure we'll be on our way the next morning. We then get so thrashed at an all you can drink bar that very bad things happen.

I got caught pissing in a parking garage and tried to run, but the cop thinking I was stealing a car fired his gun at the ground to make me stop. I was then arrested, driven to an atm, and withdrew 300 pesos (80 bucks). When I finally got back to the room Sean was nowhere in sight, but I could hear him singing Cal fight songs. I discovered him on the roof jumping from rooftop to rooftop. In tijuana, where the roofs aren't made well. I scream at him to come down, but I'm way too drunk to go up after him. I go back to the room, he eventually shows up. The next morning we show up the bus station after about three hours of sleep. We have the only bus that doesn't look new, although they are nice enough to store several chickens and the assorted farm products in the luggage area rather than in the bus.

We show up in San felipe four hours later, around noon, and stumble around on the beach till we find everyone. They want to know what happened, I just want to sit on the beach and find an attractive L.A. girl to talk to.

I didn't make it past second base the entire trip.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]