thanks for your info! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 206.67.74.105 on March 22, 2001 at 13:46:09:

In Reply to: Indy Sean - Whip Answers posted by Austin Powers on March 22, 2001 at 00:23:00:

: I haven't been on in a couple of days and I just saw your whip questions below.

: Yeah I'd go with the 8footer if I were you. It just looks more correct to me.

: It's still snowy here so I haven't had a chance to crack it yet, but I'm really anxious to try the sumbitch out. It really seems like it'll be easy to crack and fun to use.

: I ordered mine through the Western Stage Props website, which was formerly called Mark Allen Productions I think. Anyhoo, my David Morgan is in the "tan" color, so I ordered my Mark Allen in the "dark brown", because I wanted a whip that was darker right away, without having to age it. The color is really pretty cool. It's a very dark brown with a hint of burgundy. It looks just like Indy's whip that hangs on his belt in "The Temple of Doom". But if I were only going to have one whip I would probably choose "tan", SIMPLY for authenticity purposes.

: Yeah I was pretty anxious to get the whip, and I was VERY surprised to find that it was shipped and arrived at my door in about 4-5 days. I was told that they have MOST all lengths of 12-plaiters in stock ready to ship. So you shouldn't have a very long wait at all.

: One thing to warn you about is the stiffness of the whip right outta the box. I remember thinking my David Morgan would never break in, but now it's very manageable. My Mark Allen is still stiff, because I haven't used it yet. I reckon once I take it out and crack it a few times it'll loosen right up.

: A word to the wise, I believe USWings sells Mark Allen whips for slightly cheaper than Mark Allen themselves. Just a thought.

: But I also heard someone say they ordered "tan" from USWings but the color they describe sounds more like my "dark brown". So I don't know it USWings has some inaccurate info or if their "tan" is actually darker than David Morgan's.

: Hope this info helps ya, and have fun whippin' imaginary Nazis. Just make sure you wear sunglasses for a while until you're sure you won't whip your eye out...."You'll whip your eye out!"

: Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]