Thanks, doc.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mmarosy from smtp.rewardsplus.com on March 22, 2001 at 13:57:20:

In Reply to: Re: Was I wrong to use Pecards? Michaelson, can you help? posted by Doctor on March 22, 2001 at 13:46:00:

: Pecards leather dressing is great stuff for boots and for other leather items that take a lot of abuse. My Aldens have had numerous coats of Pecards and are very dark brown. Pecards makes the scratches and scars on the shoes almost invisible. The only time you can really notice the wear on the boots is after a good brushing with saddle soap (done about 2 weeks ago to remove several layers of road salt on the shoes). I have experimented with Pecards on other items like gloves (deerskin, elk and cowhide) and it does a remarkable job at protecting the leather and keeping it flexible. It will more than double the useful lifespan of leather gloves (farmwork, cordwood etc) but it does change both the appearance and feel of the leather (especially if you use a lot of it). Your soft deerskin gloves will loose that velvety feel and become much more like cowhide. Doesn't seem to effect the feel of cowhide that much.
: Hind site is always 20/20 but I would think twice about using Pecards on anything that resembles suede (i.e. distressed leather) especially if you want to keep the worn look. I know of no good way to remove Pecards. It is petroleum based and I have difficulty removing it from clothing. One pair of Pecard treated deerskin gloves I own have been through the washing machine and dryer at least 10 times and they still retain the dressing.

: Regards

: Doctor

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: