About the fit between FS and Wested

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Baldwyn from natsemi-cp.nsc.com on March 22, 2001 at 18:49:43:

In Reply to: Surprised to hear about the lack posted by Gregg on March 22, 2001 at 14:46:45:

Hi Greg, thanks for your comments! The FS fits rather differently from the Wested. I can appreciate your comments about the Wested. In truth, I love both jackets, they're different, and I have to figure out what I want to do with each. The pictures strike me as a bit misleading; I don't really look that dorky, there's something about being taken by my vertically challenged wife, the wideangle of the lens, and the flash. I'm not that scrawny :) Anyways. The Wested is better fitting. When I first got it, I thought it was too large, because the jacket doesn't sit open like Indy's. But if you look at the Expedition, it does, and it's a looser fitting jacket. The shoulders line up similarly to the Wested, and the upper chest fits about the same. And then it deviates, so it's baggy around the stomach area. The arms also have more room. I thought the bottom of the back panel was wider, looking at the fit, but it's actually not, it's narrower than the Wested. It's not really a fair comparison, comparing a goat jacket to a lambskin jacket, because the Wested does contour and drape better (at least for the moment). And, the Wested is semi-broken in, while the FS needs to be. When I first got the Wested, I thought it looked terrible (I've had the Wested since July, but haven't worn it much at all, for reasons that hopefully will become clear, at some point ;). But the Wested looks more like a "fashion jacket" at this point, while the Expedition looks like a more typical leather jacket (one you'd associated with Indy). But yes, it looks more baggy and frumpy, but that's part of the look, I think. As for the overall fit, the Wested is great, with a regular shirt underneath. But not with a sweater. The FS is ok with a sweater but tight, especially the upper chest. I should probably put comparison pics of that up, at some point. I'm not as gushy as some about the Expedition, especially because of the stitching on mine, but sometimes I'll catch myself in the mirror, and say, "Yah, that's an _Indy_ jacket" :) Please let me know if you'd like more info!

Baldwyn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]