Re: Holy crap, No KIDDING!?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Banzai from host-208.jud.ca.gov on March 22, 2001 at 20:15:21:

In Reply to: Holy crap, No KIDDING!? posted by Gregg on March 22, 2001 at 14:22:14:

: That Johnson Smith whip was one of my first whips! I still dress it regularly with the others to preserve it. I used to do whip demos with that ratty piece of crap. I wonder if there was ANY consistency in the production of those "toys." Is yours reddish-brown, flexible throughout the entire thong, and have a triangular piece where the braiding begins (where the knob should be)? As a kid I was so dissatisfied that I slid a short piece of wooden dowel in for a stock (approx. 7"), and then anchored it in place with a makeshift knob. This ball and socket "handle" was created by sewing additional leather and a rubber ball to the end. I wonder if they still make that whip? How did you learn about it?
: Gregg

I used to get the JS catalog regularly, and I first spotted that whip shortly after I first saw Raiders.

Wow, you described mine to a 'T' (reddish-brown, flexible all the way from end to end), and I added an old used ballpoint pen shoved in the back to act as a 'handle'.

Still cracks OK, even though I've never treated it with anything over the years. Maybe now I should.

Take care.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]