my two cents..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 24-168-39-112.nyc.rr.com on March 22, 2001 at 22:24:42:

In Reply to: To IndyDawg . . . posted by Yurik on March 22, 2001 at 22:19:18:

If durability is the only reason you're getting cowhide over lambskin, I might consider switching back to lambskin if I were you. Although lightweight, it's pretty resilient.

I own a Wested lambskin and I love it. However, it's your money. Indydawg has both so he can more easily compare. MHO.

Good luck,

-I.S.

-----

: I ordered a new lambskin "Temple" from Wested. However, I recently changed the lamb to cowhide for durability and longevity. I'm really concerned about how the hide will lay on me. In ToD, the jacket creased all over the arms, actually leaving worn marks. I really want to retain that look on this cowhide(which I will be distressing myself). Is your cowhide Raiders producing creases on your sleaves at all? For example, check Baldwyn's pics below when he compares the FS and Wested. The Wested lays perfectly and wrinkles very well on his arms. Please give me your opinion. Should I simply return back to the lambskin order? I'd appreciate any input you could give me.

: THANX

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]