Of Kepler and Howard straps and holsters and related things..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walker from r75h19.res.gatech.edu on March 22, 2001 at 23:49:27:

Ok so Noel Howard made the straps and holsters and stuff. Lee got ahold of them and made exact copies. Now when I look at Raiders some scenes I see the buckle on the strap lookin alot like the Howard version and some scenes I see it lookin like the Kepler version. However I never see the two little lines on the strap on the Howard version but I dont think Mr Howard would put them on there if he didnt think they were supposed to be there. So this confuses me and led me to a decision I need help with. Im about to complete my collection by getting the raiders gunbelt and holster, Crusade Gunbelt and holster, and a wested crusade. I already have a HJ, Raiders and Temple Wested, Raiders Noel shirt, Temple/Crusade Noel Shirt, 2 Raiders Noel pants, 2 Temple/Crusade Noel pants, noel Temple Whip holster, Noel Temple gunbelt, Noel temple holster, 2 mkvii bags with Noel straps and 1 other unstrapped bag, 2 pairs of Aldens, the Noel Raiders/temple webbing belt, the Noel crusade webbing belt, and the Noel Irish poplin tie. Im one of those guys who likes to collect the most authentic props as far as maker but I have never been confronted with two authentic alternatives. Sooo after all that which should I get? Has anybody seen the Noel Howard and Kepler side by side in real life. Its kinda hard to tell from pictures. And I have heard Lee Kepler is a great guy to do business with, but then again so is Noel Howard. He has always been so friendly and helpful answering all my questions and he ships his products promptly and I was never disappointed. I love his stuff. My friend stopped in to his store randomly when he was studying at Oxford over the summer and Noel came out and showed him the Indy jacket and shoes and such and was very friendly. OK now Im really rambling. So uhh what was I asking again? Oh yeah Kepler or Howard on the Raiders gunbelt?

Matt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]