Re: My own Indy Clone/satire

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ~The Raider~ from ppp-ip228-s11.inetnorth.net on October 02, 1998 at 20:22:33:

In Reply to: My own Indy Clones posted by George on October 02, 1998 at 05:52:10:

: Hi again,
: It was good reading all your discussions and memories of Indy inspired movies throughout the years. It made me remember a whole load of them myself (and others that I had forgotten about) "Secrets of the Phantom Cavern", "Raiders of the Lost code", "Ark of the Sun God". The list was endless . . . everytime I went to the video store I would indiscriminately hire out anything that looked like a hero hunting for a mysterious artefact. And most times I was dissapointed.
: However, the high adventure lust was on me and I decided to do something about that. So, along with a group of my friends we started making amateur movies on Super 8 mm film. They made sci fi films with names like "Terminal 7", "Millennium" (years before the TV series or the Kris Kristofferson Cheryl Ladd drivel) and "The Hunt". I started a series of, still ongoing, movies about a very Indy like character called Hannibal King (since then I found out that there is a character in Marvel comics old Tomb of Dracula comic series with the same name . . .doh!). I have loved making these shoestring epics and whilst I can't claim that they are really that great they do have their moments.

: The first was "Trail of the Bloodstained God" the latest is "Hannibal King and the Eye of the Gods". My next one is going to be "Hannibal King and the Spear of Miracles" (inspired by the Heilige Lance legend . . .you know the spear of Longinus!)

: Am I the only sad guy to have done anything like this? I hope not. I would love to hear from anyone with similar tales to tell - feel free to email me (especially if you are in Scotland, but equally if you just want to share some memories). If not, I would love to hear your replies.

: Thanks for reading and bringing back a whole heap of memories.

: See ya,

: George.

At least I'm not the only one crazy enough to do this!
Summer of '97 my friend and I started on an Indy satire/follow-up. The main characters, along the lines of Abbot and Costello, went globe trotting from Paris Moscow to Pittsburgh (each of which looked remarkebly alike) via a red piece of yarn dragged along a map. We found this fun, and are currently working on a sequel.
I guess my point is I'm not the only one crazy enough to satirize our favourite hero.

~The Raider

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]