Patterson, you seem to be knowlegable and I would appreciate your help...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mola Ram from tmm-gw1.thmulti.com on March 23, 2001 at 14:11:53:

In Reply to: Sure... posted by Patterson on March 19, 2001 at 17:24:38:

: : What exactly makes Peter's ToD jacket a bad copy besides the size of the pockets?

: Off the top of my head...

: -Side strap placement and length. Very short straps, with rectangular pronged buckles - not slides or rings.

: -Storm flap is too damned wide on the Wested

: -Side vent is too long. It's only about 3 inches long on the ToD.

: -Collar is wrong shape, though I don't know that I've ever seen a Wested with the same shape of collar.

: -You said other than the cargo pockets, right?

: -Bi-swing pleat should be lower across the back, and the seams should line up pretty close - within 1/2-3/8 inch.

: I'm probably forgetting something...

: Cheers!

: Patterson

I would like to order a ToD jacket from Wested and I talked to Peter about sizing. He suggested that I go for a 42L since I'm 6' tall (normally I wear a 42R in a suitjacket but anyway, I figure I'll trust his judgement). What I'm afraid of is getting a jacket that's going to be really too long knowing that the Wested ToD is already 1" longer than the Raiders one. I'm also wondering what happens to the strap placement and side vents on a long jacket. Is it just the bottom that gets 2" added to it? If that's the case, I'm assuming that the side vents become really long and thus the strap placement gets even more off. Any idea on any of this stuff? I might just order a 42R instead. What's your suggestion?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]