Lay off the acid, dude!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Briede from host-216-79-215-110.sld.bellsouth.net on March 23, 2001 at 18:21:38:

In Reply to: Following my Beliefs and Concerns, comes! posted by Kent Allard on March 23, 2001 at 02:55:04:

: Following with my original post about my Beliefs and Concerns for Indy 4.
: (which didn't get much attention... as much as I love my jacket...)
: I would like to prose another SERIOUS question that is a followup to this... so...

:

THE PLOT OF INDY 4

: As we all know in my last, almost essay post in length I told about what could make Indy, both successful and unsuccessful… here I’d like to follow that up with what it could be about and what others presume it to be about!

: So, what with the recent Dream Works RUMOR (notice how I put rumor in caps there…) I don’t know if we will still have the traditional Paramount fade out! But remember Gladiator… but also remember this, Lucas will also won’t to get his greedy paws on it to, so… eh!
: That’s not the major concern with this post, although some of your replies could contain something about the Dreamworks vs. Paramount topic!

: Now, we need a good start up adventure… okay so let’s compare, first Peruvian Temple, Nightclub, and a Young Indy Railway… hmm how about something in an Island, or something, maybe his place crashing and we see him row back to home. Sorry, too Cast Awayish.
: What about him accidentally stumbling upon an old chest in his friend Marcus’ room… okay as you may have read I said the Marcus character shouldn’t die, well, maybe Marcus is away on business or something and Indy agreed to (take care of his goldfish?!?)
: So how does this sound:
: Indy advances through Marcus two story apartment; he places mail on the coffee table and waits for Marcus to arrive home. Marcus had said he should be back from the convention today. Indiana walks around the room, sorts through a stack of magazines and returns to the chair. Before he even touches the chair Indiana is off moving again, sorting through one of Marcus walk-in closets, he spots a key; he holds it to the light. It seemed to be several years old. He digs deeper into the closet, finally the floor breaks away under his feet, and he tumbles about 6 feet and lands hard on a large chest. He looks at it peculiarly, then pockets his key and tries the lock, astonished it opens and he sees several documents, papers, and other assorted items, including a small metal trinket. It seemed to be several hundred years old. He takes the papers and trinket out of the chest and carries them up to the main floor. He sits at an old wooden desk facing a large glass window, with a walk out porch. He clicks on the desk lamp and reads through the papers and looks at the pictures and trinket.
: He remains sitting as a bullet shatters the glass and hits him in the right shoulder. Indiana instinctually reaches for his gun, when he remembers he wore a suit and has no gun. He gets up and runs for the window. The rain pounds down on his fedora as he searches the night sky for the intruder. A barrage of gunfire shrieks down upon him from the next story up. He immediately runs in to see a man in a black trenchcoat standing over the documents, he holds the gun aimed at Indiana’s head…

: You can think of whatever should go next… maybe something about Marcus' past, or an adventure Marcus had begun to start many years ago but couldn’t face the evil…

: Well whatever, this could lead to a story development showing Marcus may have had trouble in his life! So that could provide us with a nice emotional status not to mention some deep darkness… and we could acknowledge that Marcus IS alive, but we never see his face… maybe Indy could read through his journal or something while on business.

: So, with that incident with the trinket may spawn an adventure, maybe something in the bible, I’m not good with that so maybe one of you could fill in the gaps, with Indy traveling to different continents across the globe in search of a dark power. With spies, espionage, and our not so perfect government!

: Now then, one idea was with the Jim Grim Atlantis story… now I doubt this would happen, because it’s already been done (anyone remember the incredibly easy Fate of Atlantis?). I haven’t read the latest Jim Grim ;) so I’m not sure if it’s an Atlantean artifact or the city itself, either way I don’t know how well it would float.

: Now there must also be a phobia… now then first we had Snakes, Bugs, and Rats… what next? Bats? Sharks? Piranha? I’d put my money on bats or piranha!

: I’m sure there is plenty left to discuss but I am tired and I wanted to get all this written out before I fell asleep on the desk :)
: So please contribute, contradict, or whatever!

: ---
: I am also sorry; I didn't get around to replying to the beliefs and concerns post I made. But Eastwood, I would like to share this:
: I'm with you whole heartedly Harrison should be the only person to play it. BUT to this day! Who knows, in about ten to twenty years, I'd be willing to bet we will have another great action adventure man perfect for taking on the part. I also completely agree on not gutting it with CGI, I personally hate CGI (which also includes the Matrix and Star Wars), I think a film is wasted with it. That is why I love Spielberg as a director, he makes excellent movies and probably uses Computer Generated Effects, but you don' notice it.

: Kent

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]