Re: Question for MK....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from 1Cust51.tnt1.sherman-oaks.ca.da.uu.net on March 24, 2001 at 07:15:48:

In Reply to: Question for MK.... posted by Austin Powers on March 24, 2001 at 02:45:31:

: Has it started to show ANY signs of wear yet? Have you worn it non-stop? Have the edges started to show any vague hints of wear? Has the shine dulled at all? I did wear the lamb non-stop. For about a month, I wore it from the time I got up and was the last thing I took off at night. I don't see any wear on edges or seems. I can't say for the shine. I would have to see it next to a new one. What has occurred is more character to the leather. It creases and wrinkles more. This relaxed look reminds me of the temple scene. The lamb doesn't need aging to look like an Indy jacket. It has enough character to satisfy me. The goat is a different story. It needs a lot of work for it to relax. I might not notice if I didn't have the lamb too. I have been wearing the goat night & day since getting it. I have made progress but I am not satisfied yet. Don't get me wrong. I am really glad I have the goat too. I wouldn't risk my lamb down mineshafts. The goat can take it. I sure wish it didn't squeak as much though. Even as I am typing this, it is making a lot of racket.

SIDE POINT: I think 60-70% of Indy fans will be happy with the lamb. It's great right out of the box and most don't want to age their jackets. There will always be others who want something a little different. Those will go with other skins to meet their needs and desires.

Getting back to your lamb, if you want to remove the shine, you can try wiping it down with 99% alcohol. If that isn't enough you could try the brush cleaner. If you want to go a step further, you can wipe the seems & edges with acetone on a q-tip. Keep in mind though, the lamb will have mauve highlights like in Crusade.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]